Information on the covid vaccine
This page brings together links to trusted information from national and official resources about the covid vaccine.
The GOV.UK website hosts a range of information materials including:
- patient information leaflets for women who are pregnant or planning a pregnancy, a guide for older adults and what to expect after vaccination
- guidance for the vaccination programme
- consent forms that we will be using
- details about the priority groups from the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation (JCVI).
Detailed information about the vaccines along with conditions of authorisation, detailed patient information and confirmation on the ingredients is available using the following links. This also includes detailed ingredients (excipients) lists and clearly set out that the vaccines do not contain any meat derivatives or porcine products or material of foetal or animal origin.
- Information on the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine can be found here
- Information on the AstraZeneca vaccine can be found here
A statement from the British Islamic Medical Association on their recommendations on the Covd-19 vaccine for the British Muslim community.
The NHS.UK website provides information on who can get the vaccine, safety and effectiveness and side effects.
The NHS have recently published a general film on vaccinations for people with a learning disability and autistic people. The film was produced following feedback from stakeholders about confusion over vaccines amongst people with a learning disability and autistic people. The format of the film is national adviser Katie Matthews asking national clinical director Dr Roger Banks a series of questions about vaccinations. Five shorter social media clips are also available to download and use here.
Please visit this page to download easy-read guides providing information on coronavirus (COVID-19) and vaccination.