This page provides people living (or working in NHS or social care) in north east London, guidance on national and local arrangements to test for COVID-19 if they (or one of their household) have very recently been displaying COVID-19 symptoms. It also contains links to information on the vaccine.
- Keep yourself safe, and help to keep everyone in north east London safe, by following the latest guidance.
- If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, you must stay at home (self-isolate) and get a swab test. Do not wait. Apply for a swab test as soon as you have symptoms. You can find more information on test and trace here.
- You can book a swab test either at a drive-through or walk-through site, or you can ask for a home test kit to be sent to your home. Find out more about testing centres in north east London.
- Everyone without symptoms of COVID-19 can now get a free rapid test, which shows results in 30 minutes. They also show you're doing all you can to protect those around you. To collect the tests, visit these locations in City of London, Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest, Newham, Redbridge, Barking & Dagenham, and Havering.
The ELHCP staff testing offer has ended. Some employers including NHS provider trusts are offering testing but all other health and care staff who need to should get tested through their local authority or the national system.
- Latest advice is on the national website
- To get a test use the national testing site
If you are worried about your symptoms or not sure what to do, use the NHS 111 online coronavirus service, or speak to your GP surgery, hospital or pharmacy.
There is much we are still learning about Covid-19 and one thing we know for certain is that the road to recovery isn’t always straightforward. The Chartered Society of Physiotherapy website includes advice on recovering from Covid-19 and an animation on what to expect when recovering from Covid-19.
Find out more on advice for parents and guardians of children regarding COVID-19 testing.