COVID-19 Vaccination programme
1 million Covid-19 vaccinations have now been given in north east London. Congratulations and thanks to everyone to everyone for this mammoth achievement – it has taken a huge amount of hard work by health and care staff and volunteers. Every vaccine gives us hope and helps us get back to doing the things we’ve missed. We still need people who are eligible for the vaccine, but have yet to take up the offer, to get vaccinated
Time to book your vaccine
If you are 38 or over you can book your vaccine using the national booking system. The vaccines are free, safe and effective at offering you protection from serious illness.
Delivering the vaccination programme
As of 13 May 2021 we are vaccinating those aged 38 and above and some at risk younger people. You do not need to wait to be contacted by the NHS to book your vaccination at a large vaccination centre or a pharmacy using the national booking system:
- If you are 38 or over book your vaccine using the national booking system or by calling 119
- If you are 50 or over or are clinically extremely vulnerable you can use the national booking system, call 119 or contact your GP
- If you are 16-37 and clinically vulnerable, or are a carer please contact your GP to arrange your vaccination
- If you are pregnant it is advisable you have the Pfizer vaccine please contact your GP to arrange this
- If you live or work in a care home and haven't been vaccinated please speak to your manager
- If you are a frontline health and social care worker, please book on the national booking system, call 119, contact your manager or book using the staff booking system applicable in your organisation
Important: The vaccine only provides protection if you are vaccinated.
For more information please read the frequently asked questions about the vaccine here.
You can find information on the vaccine in different languages here.
Beware of scams
To protect yourself and your family members from fraud and criminals, remember the following points:
- The vaccine is only available on the NHS for free to people in priority groups, and the NHS will contact you when it is your turn.
- The NHS will never ask for payment or bank details to confirm or book your vaccine.
- Right now we are not making house calls to deliver or discuss the vaccine. Anyone offering this now is probably committing a crime.
You can help
As your local NHS works hard to deliver the vaccination programme for north east London please remember that you have an important part to play:
- please don’t contact us to seek a vaccine, we will contact you;
- when we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments;
- and please continue to follow all the guidance to control the virus and save lives.
It is really important that you make sure you stay safe and follow guidance on washing hands, covering your face and keeping your distance from other people. Your NHS services are really stretched at the moment, we need to you to protect yourself, your family, friends and others, and your NHS.
This is a marathon, not a sprint, and we cannot let down our guard. By working together today, tomorrow and every day going forward we will take another step on the path back to normal life.