Resources for primary care
Please find below a range of useful cancer resources for GPs and health and care professionals working in cancer.
- Click here for an introduction to the NEL Cancer Alliance - an overview of our programmes of work.
- Click here to access; Cancer Care Reviews - useful advice and guidance from MacMillan.
- Click here for the Cancer Research UK engaging primary care in cervical screening good practice guide.
- Click here for the Royal College of Nursing guide to cervical screening.
- Click here to access links to COVID-19 related information and resources that have been developed for health professionals by Cancer Research UK.
- Click here to learn more about the work being done to improve the diagnostic quality of prostate mpMRI protocols, with implications for improving prostrate cancer detection rates and targeted biopsies.
- Download the template for the loss frame cervical screening reminder letter.
- Download the template for the gain frame cervical screening reminder letter.
Download your guide to improving the uptake of cervical screening in primary care in north east London.
A good practice screening guide from Healthy London on breast, cervical and bowel screening
Engaging Primary Care in bowel screening GP good practice guide for England by CRUK
Bowel screening support services for primary care from the NHS Bowel Cancer Screening Programme to help increase the uptake in City & Hackney, Waltham Forest, Newham and Tower Hamlets
Useful resources including easy read guides and videos on cancer screening for people with learning disabilities and autism
An introduction to GatewayC, a platform to support primary care health professionals in delivering the long term plan cancer objectives
Roy Castle Lung Cancer Foundation Primary Care Toolkit: a number of tools and resources for primary care to help identify potential lung cancer cases as soon as possible.