Bowel cancer screening
If you are aged between 60 and 74 you will automatically be sent a home testing kit every 2 years, which will look for blood in your poo (instructions are sent with the kit, but you can watch a video here. Blood in your poo does not always mean that you have cancer, but it indicates that you need to have more tests.
In North East London, the Bowel Screening Service will invite you attend these further tests in one of its screening sites. These are:
- Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge University Hospital.
- Homerton University Hospital
- The Royal London Hospital
- Whipps Cross Hospital
Further information about bowel cancer screening can be found here:
- NHS website; Bowel Cancer Screening
- Cancer Research UK; Bowel Cancer Screening
- Macmillan; Bowel Cancer Screening
- Bowel Cancer UK; Screening